This Ebola crisis is indeed deadliest in history. Center for Disease Control and prevention has updated recently the ebola toll- Suspected and Confirmed Case Count are 3069, Suspected Case Deaths are 1552 and Laboratory Confirmed Cases are 1752.
With so much happening, here are 15 things that you should know about this virus.
- Ebola is aggressively infectious, which means that those infected are highly likely to get sick. But it's not very contagious, meaning it doesn't spread easily.
- Ebola doesn't jump from person to person through the air. It's transmitted only through bodily fluids while the infected patient is exhibiting symptoms.
- US experts say our health care system would be able to identify and contain the virus swiftly. Thus there are moderate chances of its spreading in our country. Hence, there's no need to panic about the Ebola patients returning to the country.
- Symptoms include high fever, bleeding and central nervous system damage
- Fruit bats are considered to be virus' natural host.
- Ebola kills up to 90% of those infected.
- There is no proper vaccine or cure devised till date since its first discovery in 1976.
- Many studies and researches point towards finding a cure for the disease, but many doubts persist on its effectiveness.
- People with Ebola generally aren't infectious until they're sick
- Patients can survive Ebola
- Ebola can last two to three weeks, so patients would remain in isolation until their symptoms subside and tests come back negative for the virus.
- The only reason the current outbreak is so bad because it has hit in places with poor health infrastructure and facilities.
- Signs and symptoms of Ebola include fever (greater than 38.6°C or 101.5°F) and severe headache, muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, or unexplained bleeding or bruising. Signs and symptoms may appear anywhere from 2 to 21 days after exposure to Ebola, although 8 to 10 days is most common.
- Some reports suggest that the basic techniques for stopping Ebola are well known. The challenge is applying them.
- WHO head also says that the virus could be stopped if well managed.
With enough resources poured into the effort, people should be able to contain this outbreak soon now. Meanwhile stay safe with these simple tips:
Decontamination is a necessary process when exposed to such bio-medical threats.
Checkout some of the most bio-medical emergency products-
Lightweight, economical life-saving water filter
Price: $25.00 Sale Price: $22.00 Save: $3.00 (12 %)
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1lL5LzR
Rechargeable for up to 8,000 liters, the Ultra will deliver around 50 liters of UV purification before needing to power up
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1txT9hT
The world's smallest, lightest UV water purifier
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1o4Qsx2
The unit holds up to 3gal./11L of water for drinking and/or washing
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1u5EPfn
Full case to condition fuel for long-term storage
Price: From $263.40 to $539.70
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1lEd8Zv
Protects against organic & inorganic gases and vapors, acid gases & vapors, particles from bacteria and bigger threats like chemical & biological warfare
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1Adl2dJ
Instantly develops color upon exposure to radiation
Buy Here http://bit.ly/WlFEDB
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1oL9V5w
Impregnated with charcoal
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1rPpGjF
20 masks per box
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1qjsa7y
Manual-power water purifier
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1u5FaP4
Protects Against Pathogens
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1lL6cdz
NP8000 Air Filter
Sealed for Long Term Storage
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1Bfq4cd
The Ultimate Protector
Buy Here http://bit.ly/1vVyZiS
Key-chain sized radiation detector. The device operates 24/7, keeping you safe
Price: $177.00Buy Here http://bit.ly/1pvMZqS